среда, 7 марта 2012 г.

Mint To Be Baby Shower Ideas

Mint To Be Baby Shower Ideas
Mint To Be Shower Ideas- Mint and Coral Ideas-
Mint To Be Shower Ideas- Mint and Coral Ideas-

This miracle baby we were celebrating was “Mint to be”! Honestly I love any chance to get together and celebrate! But when my dear friend found out she was expecting I was beyond thrilled for her. She had shared long ago that the doctors have told her she wouldn’t be able to have any more children. Now she has three gorgeous girls. And I can tell she was happy and grateful. Personally I love large families! (Four is the new eight!) But I think it’s totally okay to only have one or two kids. I’m all about parents choosing what is best for their family. But it’s hard when that decision is made for you. So when this surprise pregnancy happen we were so happy for our dear friends!


Baby Shower Ideas
Baby Shower Ideas

And because this baby was so special! And such a gift! I knew she needed a special theme for her celebration. I had been thinking about it for awhile when I saw this Mint to Be Valentine’s Day Party from one of my favorite party blogs Pizzazzerie. All of her work is gorgeous. But the theme stuck with me as I knew this little spirit was meant to be in my friends family. Another fun fact I learned at the party was that my friend Sunny was also a miracle baby.


Coral and Mint Shower Decorating Ideas- Baby Shower Ideas
Coral and Mint Shower Decorating Ideas- Baby Shower Ideas

Mint and Coral Baby Shower Ideas-Mint to Be Baby Shower
Mint and Coral Baby Shower Ideas-Mint to Be Baby Shower

Mint to Be Decor Ideas


It was wonderful to throw this shower with my friend Julie. Life is always better with friends. We kept the décor simple. I ordered paper lanterns to add some color. I love how I can use lanterns again and again! And I found these gorgeous flowers from the Martha Stewart line. I picked up some while flowers but decided to make some of them coral. (Tutorial coming next week!) The flowers were pretty easy to assembly. Reading directions all the way always helps. And creating the flowers with friends always makes the time go faster. For the paper bunting I cut triangles and sew them together. I used my favorite chalkboard that I made from a garage sale to share some word art.


Mint and Coral Shower Decor Ideas- Lanterns and Flowers
Mint and Coral Shower Decor Ideas- Lanterns and Flowers

Paper Bunting Ideas for Showers or Parties- A quick way to add color and texture
Paper Bunting Ideas for Showers or Parties- A quick way to add color and texture

Paper Flowers Decor- Mint and Coral
Paper Flowers Decor- Mint and Coral

Mint to Be Food Ideas


For food we decided to have Swig Sugar Cookie Bars, French Macarons, Oreo truffles, and cake. After we planned the sweets I found out our mother to be has to watch her sugar intake. So we added nuts, salad, and a veggie tray. We had mint flavored water and made Mint Julep punch. I was super excited to use my Grandmother’s fancy punch bowl. I’m sure it made her happy. You may have already seen the Oreo Truffle recipe I posted last month. They are pretty amazing and so easy to make. I had quite a few guests ask how to make them. I’m still working on mastering French Macaron’s. My feet aren’t quite there yet, but they tasted pretty good.


I picked up flowers from Trader Joe’s and I was happy to find some that were somewhat coral. But I totally spaced on getting extra flowers for the cake. So I texted my friend to see if she had some white flowers in her backyard. She told me she could grab some from her neighbor. After arranging the flowers on the cake I showed it to her. Seeing them again she asked if they were oleanders. I told her I had no idea. I’ve actually never heard of that flower, or apparently the movie with Michelle Pfeiffer. Turns out oleanders are probably the most poisonous flower. My Google search confirmed that they were indeed oleanders. So we made sure to toss out the flowers, throw on some tissue paper instead, and tell everyone the cake was poisoned.


Lesson learned. And I am thankful my friend realized what flower I threw on top of the cake. I did let our guest know they were welcomed to scrape off the top layer if they really wanted cake that day. Surprisingly it went untouched.


Mint Colored Food Ideas- Sugar Cookie Bars, Macroons, and Oreo Truffles
Mint Colored Food Ideas- Sugar Cookie Bars, Macroons, and Oreo Truffles

Mint Food Ideas- Mint French Macroons
Mint Food Ideas- Mint French Macroons

Mint To Be Shower Food Ideas- MInt Oreo Truffles
Mint To Be Shower Food Ideas- MInt Oreo Truffles

Mint To Be Shower Idea- Baby Shower Ideas- Mint and Coral
Mint To Be Shower Idea- Baby Shower Ideas- Mint and Coral

Shower Ideas- Mint and Coral- Mint to Be-
Shower Ideas- Mint and Coral- Mint to Be-

Trader Joes Flowers- Baby Shower Ideas
Trader Joes Flowers- Baby Shower Ideas

Ideas for throwing an inexpensive Baby Shower-
Ideas for throwing an inexpensive Baby Shower-

Mint and Coral Baby Shower-Mint to Be- Party Decor- Baby Shower Ideas
Mint and Coral Baby Shower-Mint to Be- Party Decor- Baby Shower Ideas

Besides almost killing everyone with poisonous cake, the shower turned out lovely. We ate and chatted with friends. I’m so thankful for the dear baby that should be arriving any day now. I can’t wait to meet her. Celebrating with friends is always a treat. Having pretty decorations and great food makes it even sweeter. For more party ideas check out my Galentine’s Day party. And be sure to sign up to receive emails that notify you weekly, monthly, or with every new post.


Mint To Be Shower with friends
Mint To Be Shower with friends

Some of these items are affiliated links. You are welcomed to buy from anywhere. But I don’t mind if you buy them from here. I only share items I really like or use. Thanks for your support!


Linking up at Link Party Palooza


Original article and pictures take www.ourkerrazyadventure.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий